What is coronavirus?
The name of coronavirus came by the studying of a virus. The name word of corona came from the word ‘crown’. Because… during the study of a virus by the Electron microscope, the shape & size of these viruses look like a crown. It is not a single virus it is a group of many viruses. The first coronaviruses were discovered in 1960. Coronaviruses can infect both human body and animal.
Strains of human coronavirus
There are 7 strains of human coronavirus…
- Human coronavirus 229E (HCoV-229E)
- Human coronavirus OC43 (HCoV-OC43)
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV)
- Human coronavirus NL63 (HCoV-NL63)
- Human coronavirus HKU1 (HCov-HKU1)
- Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV)
- Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
The coronaviruses ie. HCoV-229E, HCoV-OC43, HCoV-NL63 and HCoV-HKU1 are continuously circulating in the human body and respiratory infections both adult and children.
What is (SARS-CoV)?
In between November 2002 and July 2003, SARS-CoV first time this has been found in southern China, total 8098 cases reported in all over the world but the result was this, 744 have died in 17 countries. no cases have reported since 2004. But in the last of 2017 one case has traced by Chinese scientists. Coronaviruses are large family viruses that can be a cause of a disease that can reach ranging from the common cold to Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome(SARS)
What is MERS-CoV?
The Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) was first time found in Saudi Arabia in 2012. Middle East Respiratory Syndrome(MERS) is a viral respiratory disease by MERS-CoV. Generally, MERS symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath. Although the Pneumonia is most common, but not always. some other as Gastrointestinal, diarrhoea symptoms also reported. Approximately 35% of reported human patients with disease of MERS CoV infection has died.
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
A new rapidly spreading 2019-nCov was identified the first time in Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province in China on 31 December 2019. According to many people and media, new 2019-nCov started spreading from the non-veg market in Wuhan. By the latest research of scientists, they got that new 2019-nCov is spreading from bat to snake and snake to human… According to W.H.O (World Health Organization), the latest report that new 2019-nCov is spreading from the snake and it reached in the human body by the snakes. The first time a person has died which was infecting from new 2019-nCov on 9 January 2020. But now this virus is not only in China but also all over the world.
People may experience:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing (severe cases)
Protect yourself from 2019-nCov
Wash your hands
- Whenever… You see your hands dirty, wash your hands with soap and running water.
- After coughing and sneezing.
- Before having food.
- After using the toilet.
- After handling the animals.
Avoid these things
- Avoid close contact with animals and those people who are suffering from fever and cough.
- When you are suffering from fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care and give them all the information about your last day’s travel.
- Avoid eating the non-veg during cooking.
- Those animals which had died due to any disease should not be eaten.