COVId-19 Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease which is spreading by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most of the cases people infected with COVID-19 disease they experienced mild to moderate respiratory illness and recovered without any requiring special treatment. Older people, and those people with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The best way to prevent of the spreading COVID-19 and slow down the transmission of it is that be update about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection of it by washing your hands with soap or using an alcohol based such as sanitizer and not touching your face.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes. So it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
At this time, there are no specific vaccines or treatments for COVID-19. However, there are many ongoing clinical trials evaluating potential treatments.
symptoms of COVID-19 disease
The COVID-19 virus spreads in human like different people in different ways. COVID-19 is a respiratory disease and most infected people will develop mild to moderate symptoms and recover without requiring special treatment. People who have underlying medical conditions and those over 60 years old have a higher risk of developing severe disease and death.
- dry cough.
- shortness of breath
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- and very few people will report diarrhoea, nausea or a runny nose.
To stop infection and to slow transmission of COVID-19, do the following-
1. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub or sanitizer
2. Maintain at least 1 metre distance between you and people who is coughing or sneezing near you.
3. Avoid touching your face.
4. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
5. Stay home if you feel unwell.
6. Refrain from smoking and other activities that weaken the lungs.
7. Practice physical distancing by avoiding unnecessary travel and staying away from large groups of people